- Social widgets create visual noise and distract user's attention from content
- Social widgets slow down the page load and consumes some user’s internet bandwidth
- Social widgets is used by small amount of users and there is no need to show them for everyone; Users can share the page on social network by copying url-address and pasting it to the social network's page
- If you add a script element to the DOM before the window’s load event fires, that event will be delayed until the newly added script is downloaded, parsed, and run. Google search ranking algorithms take page load times into account, and those page load times are based on the load event. From "Stop Copying Social Code Snippets" by Philip Walton, Engineer at Google
- More than 73% of websites do not use social widgets.